Do you love banana bread but can’t eat it because you are doing the paleo diet? Don’t worry! You don’t have to give up banana bread thanks to our paleo-friendly recipe. You just need to replace some of the ingredients you can’t eat by some you actually can. Take note and enjoy your gluten free banana bread recipe!
We bring you a banana bread recipe with no gluten, refined sugar or dairy. We wanted to add a chocolate touch so we propose to use cacao nibs; those are cacao beans that have been roasted without the husk and in small pieces. They have no added sugar, they are totally natural and healthy, and taste like dark chocolate. Very paleo-friendly! But if you prefer to add a sweetter taste you can use chocolate chips but the ones that contain no dairy, or any kind of nut. Let’s go!
- 3/4 cup of almond flour.
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour.
- 1/2 small spoon of cinammon.
- 1 small spoon of bicarbonate of soda.
- 3 spoons of raw honey.
- 4 eggs.
- 1/2 small spoon of vanilla extract.
- 1,5 cup of banana puree (4 to 5).
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs.
- 2 spoons of coconut milk.
- First of all, take the eggs and separate the yolk from the white.
- Then, in a deep bowl mix up the almond flour, the coconut flour, the bicarbonate of soda and the cinammon.
- In another bowl mix the previously separated yolks with the vanilla extract and the honey. Then add the banana puree.
- Add to this last mix the other one with the almond flour, the coconut flour, the bicarbonate and the cinammon.
- Add the cacao nibs.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add it to the mix.
- Add 2 spoons of coconut milk (it also works with almond milk).
- Put oven paper into the mold.
- Bake at 190º during 45 to 55 minutes. You can see when it’s done by sticking a fork or a stick inside, if it’s clean it’s baked.
- Let it cool down during 20 minutes.
- Enjoy your paleo-friendly banana bread!