Yes, you can have fajitas and still be eating healthy! Chicken fajitas can actually be very healthy and you can eat them even if you are on a diet or if you want to loose weight. The trick is not to put greasy sauces or cheese, but instead replace the fatty food with vegetables, and don’t do fajitas with red meat but prefer rather white meat, such as chicken. So try our recipe of light chicken fajitas, you will love it!
- 450 gr of chicken breast.
- 8 whole wheat fajitas tortillas (or as many as you wish to eat depending on the people you are).
- 1/2 onion.
- 1/2 red pepper.
- 1/2 green pepper.
- 1/2 lime.
- 1 tomato.
- A stream of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- First you need to cut the green and red pepper in strips. Chop the onion too and cut the chicken breast in strips also. Both the peppers and the chicken must be in stripes so they fit in the tortillas.
- Once everything is cut, pour some olive oil in a pan. While you wait till the oil is hot enough, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken in the pan to start cooking it. Wait until they start being brown. Once it’s done you can put away the chicken for now.
- In the same pan add the onions with some olive oil and salt. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add the red and the green peppers and cook it with a medium heat until needed.
- Once it’s cooked add again the chicken to heat it up and so it covers itself with the flavour of the other ingredients. Put it away once it’s hot.
- Cut the tomato in small cubes and chop the coriander, mix both with the lime juice, add salt and pepper if needed.
- Heat the tortillas in a pan during 20 seconds or in the microwave.
- Put the chicken mix with the tomato mix in the tortilla and roll it. You are ready to eat!
Enjoy your meal!