Are you thinking of starting a low-carb diet? Well take a look to this meatloaf recipe. We bring you the Atkins diet meatloaf recipe from the book Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution. And if you want to know more about a low-carb diet check out everything you need to know about the Atkins diet. So let’s start your diet with this amazing meatloaf recipe!
- 3 pounds of chopped mixed meats: lamb, veal, beef, pork.
- 2 tablespoons of Chili powder.
- 3 eggs.
- 3 cloves of garlic.
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro.
- 6 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese.
- 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- First of all, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile cut the cheddar cheese in shreds.
- Mix in a large bowl all the ingredients.
- Add oil into the loaf pan you are going to use.
- Once you have mixed all the ingredients and salted as you wish you can place the meat into the loaf pan.
- Put it in the oven and bake it 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Enjoy your meatloaf recipe!
You can combine this meatloaf recipe with a side dish if and when it respects the Atkins diet. For example, if you still are on phase 1, which is the most strict one, you may eat your meatloaf with a small spinach salad: raw spinach, sliced and raw cucumber, small and raw tomatoes, and avocado. Make sure to eat very little of these foods in order to respect the amount of vegetables you are supposed to eat at every stage during the Atkins diet. Have a look here if you are not sure how much of each you can eat.